Acupuncture Treatment for Stress, Anxiety and Depression
Bohnet Acupuncture & Chiropractic in La Quinta, CA uses acupuncture combined with other integrative therapies to treat symptoms of stress, anxiety, and depression. Stress and anxiety symptoms are similar and can include racing thoughts, stomach issues, rapid heart rate, trouble sleeping, constant worrying, and difficulty breathing. While stress is usually caused by external triggers, like deadlines at work or conflicts within relationships, anxiety symptoms exist even in the absence of an external stressor. Signs of depression can be feelings of sadness, anger, or apathy, as well as sleeping too little or too much, changes in appetite, and having no energy.
The good news is that our treatments stimulate points on the body that release endorphins and serotonin. These transmitters don’t just increase levels of euphoria, but they also regulate multiple body functions, contributing to a happy and healthy body. Changes in stress levels can be felt within just a few treatments. Most of our patients suffering with anxiety and depression feel symptomatic relief within a just a few weeks.
Benefits of Acupuncture to Treat Stress, Anxiety, and Depression
Acupuncture can be an integral method to help treat the symptoms of anxiety and depression. Some benefits include:
- Increases energy and lifts spirits – Endorphins are hormones in the body that can elevate mood. Acupuncture targets neurotransmitters that activate your natural feel-good hormones.
- Treats the entire body – In addition to improving the mind, acupuncture increases your overall health. It can reduce chronic pain and inflammation, calm the nervous system, relieve headaches, decrease stomach discomfort, and improve sleep.
- No medications required – Treatment without drugs means patients won’t have to manage the negative side effects.
- Safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding – For expectant and nursing mothers dealing with emotional highs and lows, acupuncture is a safe alternative to medications.
- Relaxation – Each treatment is soooooo relaxing!!
Learn More About Our Treatments for Depression, Anxiety, and Stress
At Bohnet Acupuncture & Chiropractic in La Quinta, CA our acupuncturists have more than 45 years of combined experience treating mental and physical conditions in patients of all ages. We provide safe treatments in a comfortable and relaxing environment. Contact us to learn more about how acupuncture can help manage your stress, anxiety, and depression. Let us help you feel better! Experience the difference today!